The highest priority is to keep students and staff safe while attending Launch. We follow Toronto Public Health guidelines for schools. As we move towards the reopening of Launch for the 2021-2022 school year, we will adjust our COVID precautions to fit the guidelines set out for September.
COVID safe operations of Launch during the last year included:
- daily health screening questionnaire before arrival at Launch;
- organizing students in cohorts for the Launch day including lunch and breaks;
- modified classrooms set up for social distancing;
- barriers (‘windshields’) on student desktops;
- focus on hand washing, sanitizing and hygiene practices;
- 3 ply masks required for students when moving around the facility;
- 3 ply masks for all staff;
- plexiglass barriers for teachers;
- plexiglass barriers in the kitchen and BLC workspaces;
- staff training in health & safety;
- limiting entry to Launch to essential visitors only.